Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service by which library materials not available locally are borrowed from other cooperating library systems.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN GUIDELINES
- To request ILL materials, individuals must have a valid Alamance County Public Libraries library card and be willing to pay a fee of $3 per item for return postage.
- Fees for photocopy requests may be higher because many lending libraries charge per page. Please authorize a maximum amount you are willing to pay.
- ILL fees will be collected when the material is checked out or presented for in-house use. Library users will be notified by phone when materials arrive. Failure to pick up materials will result in the return postage fee being billed to your library card.
- Current publication year materials are usually not available from other library systems. All materials borrowed through ILL are subject to the regulations of the lending library.
- Patrons should pay close attention to due dates for ILL materials and return them on time. Fines for overdue ILL materials are 50 cents per day per item.
- Renewals on ILL materials may be requested in person or by telephone 3 days prior to the due date.
- Patrons will be notified by phone of the new due date after the lending library is contacted. Second renewals are not allowed.
- The library staff may limit the number of ILLs a patron may have at their discretion.