Axis 360 eBooks
Alamance County Public Libraries’ eBook collection, Axis 360, is available to Alamance County Public Libraries cardholders. Axis 360 works with Blio eBook reading software that you download to your computer, tablet or smartphone. Axis 360 titles will currently run on any Windows PC and on iOS and Android mobile devices, including the Kindle Fire and Fire HD. When books are checked out on your account, they can be moved to multiple devices which support Blio, such as an iPhone in addition to an iPad. Many Axis 360 titles are now available for Nook, Kobo, Sony and other eReaders. (Axis360 eBooks currently will not work with basic Kindle or Nook HD devices)
What you will need:
- Alamance County Public Libraries library card and PIN (if you have a card, but do not have a PIN, call or visit your local library)
- Blio Account (free to create at http://www.blio.com)
- Blio Reader (free software download at http://www.blio.com)
- Axis Reader App (free through your iTunes and Android app store)
Checking out Axis360 ebooks just got a whole lot easier!
- Go to the Alamance County Public Libraries catalog and locate the ebook title you want to check out. (Ebooks will have the notation [electronic resource (ebook)] after the title)
- If the ebook is available for checkout, click on the Download button
- Enter your library card number and PIN if you are not already logged on to your account
- At the prompt, select the format you wish to download
- Click OK and your book is now checked out for 21 days
- You will still need to download your selection to your PC, tablet, phone or other device to read (see instructions below for more information)
Let’s get started:
- Visit the Alamance County Public Libraries’ Axis 360 website, the Magic Wall, at http://acpl.axis360.baker-taylor.com to browse all ACPL Axis 360 titles.
- Or use the Alamance County Public Libraries’ catalog http://catalog.alamancelibraries.org to locate Axis 360 titles. Just click on the link in the catalog record to get to that title.
- Log in to Axis 360 using your Alamance County Public Libraries library card and PIN (First time users may be prompted to choose a user name and password and to enter an email address).
- Back at the Axis 360 site there are various search options that can be used to choose books for checkout. When you check out an eBook, it will download to your computer or device and be available for viewing in your Blio Reader. Please note: The option “Checkout Now” loans the title for 21 days, while “Add to Checkout List” allows you to shrink your checkout period to as few as three days.
- Library cardholders can check out up to 5 titles at a time.
- Titles in our Axis360 eBook collection can only be checked out to one cardholder at a time.
- Cardholders can place holds on titles currently checked out. You will be notified by email when the title is returned and will have three days in which to check it out.
- Titles cannot be returned early as they are set to expire automatically. If you do not want to check out for the full 21 days, use the “Add to Checkout List” option to select a shorter loan period.
Check out these YouTube videos on using the Axis Reader.