Items in the Local History collection at Graham Public Library
- Yearbooks from High Schools and Colleges in Alamance County
- Census records
- Church histories
- Historic newspapers
- City directories
- Family History Titles.
- View a list of Surnames included in these books. View a list of Titles with included Surnames.
- Photographs of Graham.
- This is a small collection of 30+ photographs, postcards and ephemera from various sources. Postcard collection on Flickr.
- Newspapers on Microfilm:
- The Alamance Gleaner, weekly newspaper published at Graham, NC, for the period Feb. 9, 1875-Jan. 30, 1947.
- The Times-News, daily newspaper published at Burlington, NC. Our library holds: Jan 1979 � Dec. 1983.
Other Library Local History Resources:
- North Carolina census indexes for the federal population censuses are available from 1790 through 1930 either as print indices or via the online genealogical services HeritageQuest and Ancestry at each of the Alamance County Public Libraries.
- The library also provides access to United States historical newspapers by means of the online database NewspaperArchive, which is available for use within the library or from home via the library website. The NewspaperArchive database helps to locate local newspaper articles from the Burlington Times-News between 1928 and 1977 and provides scanned images of their content.
Please see May Memorial Library’s Local History page for more resources:
- May Memorial Library is the home of the Local History Collection for Alamance County Public Libraries, which is accessible during regular library hours.
- Included in May Memorial Library’s collection are works on the history and genealogy of Alamance County and its neighboring counties.
- The Local History Collection at May Memorial is a repository for the Ancestor charts of members of the Alamance County Genealogical Society and for the Society’s collection of genealogical journals.