Log In on the top right of the catalog page
Check Your Library Account
Click here for full instructions to Check Your Library Account, to use the Catalog, and Kid’s Catalog!
Any computer, smart phone, tablet or other device with an Internet connection located can be used to access the Alamance County Public Libraries Online Catalog or PAC to browse the catalog, place items on hold, review your account and renew items online.
To place holds or review your account online, you need a personal identification number or PIN. Stop by the Library to select your PIN and begin using this service. A valid Alamance County Public Libraries card and verification of identity are necessary when registering for a PIN.
Using your library card number and PIN, you can:
- Reserve items online through the PAC (Public Access Catalog)
- Review your account and see items you have checked out, items you have on hold and any fines you may owe;
- Renew items online;
- See your position in line for items you have on hold.
You should keep your PIN a secret. No record of your PIN will be kept at the Library.
You should always log out of your account when you have finished using it.
Information Available on Your Account
- Personal information
- Change PIN, address, telephone number or email address (If you change your address or telephone number, library staff will be notified to confirm this information with you at your next library visit.)
- All items currently checked out on your account
- Due date of all items checked out
- Option to renew items checked out
- Items that have been previously renewed, or have holds placed on them cannot be renewed.
- List of fees owed
- List of titles you have on hold
- Option to cancel or suspend holds
- Lists created and saved from previous catalog searches
Placing Holds through the PAC
- Locate the title in the PAC that you wish to place on hold.
- Click on the Place Hold button.
- If you are not already logged in, enter your Alamance County Public Libraries library card number and your PIN in the proper boxes.
- Select your pickup location.
- Decide if you want the first available copy (usually) or a specific copy (usually used for specific issues of magazines or specific DVD volumes)
- Click the Submit Hold button
- Your library account must be in good standing in order to place a hold (no long overdues or fines in excess of $5.00, etc.)
- Certain materials are not available for holds to be placed on them