Alamance County Public Libraries offer a variety of Information resources to assist you with all of your information needs.
On Site Library Services we offer:
- Computer use for card holders.
- Up to 3 hours a day per location.
- Flash drives for patrons to check out and use (to be returned that same day).
- SC card readers for patrons to check out and use (to be returned that same day).
- Headphones for patrons to check out and use (to be returned that same day).
- External disc drives for patrons to check out and use (to be returned that same day).
- A public scanner for use with a flash drive.
- Wireless internet access.
- Black and white photocopying ($0.10 per page).
- Duplex (double sided) photocopying is available at some libraries.
- Black and white ($0.10 per page) and color ($0.40 per page) printing from public computer and from personal devices.
- Public fax machine use is $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for every page afterwards.
- Voter registration forms.
- Passport forms.
- Copies of certain Federal Tax Forms during tax season.
- State tax forms and federal forms that we don’t have in the libraries can be printed by library staff.
- Tax Forms:
Our libraries offer limited Federal Tax Forms each year. Please visit the library to see what forms we have or check the IRS website to download and print all forms.
The libraries do not receive any NC State Tax Forms. We can print them for you for $0.10 per page or you can download and print them from the NC Department of Revenue website.
We do not offer the following services but we can assist you in finding locally:
- Notary services.
- Duplex (double sided) printing.
- Scanning of large amounts of documents.
- Shredding services.
- Test Proctoring.
- Typing and secretarial services.
Ask A Librarian
The staff of each branch of the Alamance County Public Libraries strives to provide for the information needs of the public, in person, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone. Print, electronic and online resources may all be used to locate information. For extensive research, the staff will assist in searching for the information needed. The NC KNOWS service connects library users to a librarian through their computers at any time. By typing messages back and forth, library users can get answers, articles and more.
Materials not owned by any of the libraries of the Alamance County Public Libraries may be borrowed via InterLibrary Loan Service. To request ILL materials, individuals must have a valid Alamance County Public Libraries library card and be willing to pay a fee of $3 per item for return postage. See our InterLibrary Loan guidelines for more information.
Print from your hand-held devices to the Graham, Mebane or May Memorial public libraries. 10 cents per page for black and white printing and 40 center per page for color printing.